Let me explain my experience on installing IIS 7.0 on windows server 2008. I had a tough time to find a way to install IIS 7.0 on windows server 2008. I thought that it would be same as installing IIS 6.0 on windows server 2003 by going to "control panel" -> "Add or Remove Programs" -> "Add/Remove Windows Components" and install IIS. But I couldn't find this in windows server 2008. After doing a long research I found a link which helped me.
I followed the below steps to install IIS 7.0 on windows server 2008.
- Go to "Start" -> "Administrative tools" -> "Service Manager".
- Right click the node "Roles" in the "Service Manager" window and click on "Add Roles".
- Follow the wizard.
- Select web server(IIS) in 2nd step of the wizard.
- You might get the following popup immediately. If you get this please click "Add Required Role Services".
- You follow the wizard until you get the below step.
- Follow the wizard until the final step.
- That's it. You are done with installing IIS 7.0 on windows server 2008.
- If you face any problems please follow the below link. It has detailed step by step guidelines to install the IIS 7.0 on windows server 2008. http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/29/installing-iis-70-on-windows-server-2008/